- Skilled and dynamic trainer, writer, teacher, and technical assistance provider;
- Lived experience of trafficking and professional experience with both prevention and response;
- Expertise in the public health model of violence prevention, social justice/anti-oppression work, trauma-informed and healing-centered engagement;
- Experienced with both individual and collaborative project management;
- Uses a harm reduction lens that addresses human trafficking as a systemic and labor rights issue, conscious to find solutions that minimize harm to sex workers and people with marginalized identities.
Anyone else just have a “WHOA” moment?Attendee at a virtual presentation, in the chat box
I work a full-time day job as a preventionist in the movement to end sexual violence, providing training and technical assistance to rape crisis centers, dual domestic violence agencies, and human trafficking programs across the state. In that position, I bring my knowledge of the public health approach to violence prevention to create engaging resources to build the anti-human trafficking movement’s capacity to implement effective, evidence-informed prevention strategies. I moved into my current position after a period of serving as the same agency’s Anti-Human Trafficking Specialist. Before coming to this agency, I worked in sexual violence prevention and crisis response for a decade, answering hotlines, leading support groups, and providing hospital and legal accompaniment for survivors. My current work brings together lived experience in the sex trades (both consensual and coerced), years of direct service and community-based consent and prevention education work, and graduate study in social justice, human rights, and gender theory. I have been trained on human trafficking and health through Futures Without Violence’s Project Catalyst and HEAL Trafficking, and am independent consultant and survivor advisor for several national anti-trafficking philanthropies and nonprofits. I am a member of the HEAL Trafficking Speaker’s Bureau, Freedom Network USA, and the National Survivor Network.
Friends and Colleagues to Follow
- Erin Albright, JD. New Frameworks
- Reframe Health and Justice
- The Irina Project
- Emily Rothman, The Truth About Pornography media literacy curriculum
- Freedom Network USA
- HEAL Trafficking
- Anti-Trafficking Review
- Law enforcement: Joseph Scaramucci